Friday, May 4, 2012

Kiehl's Ultimate Thickening Shampoo




Details from Kiehl's official website:

Ultimate Thickening Shampoo

This antioxidant enriched shampoo is infused with a blend of thickening polymers, naturally-derived proteins and an Omega-6 essential fatty acid derivative to fortify and texturize thinning hair. Combined with these is a blend of nurturing Vitamin E and Rosemary, Peppermint, and Cedarwood essential oils (for a stimulating sensation on scalp), to create a gentle formula that helps reinforce hair strands for a noticeably thicker, healthy-looking appearance and improved scalp coverage.




I get this product during one of Kiehl's event, click ---> HERE.

Now, every time you buy a Kiehl's product make sure the shield are there and open it just before you use it. Usually a product can last 12 months after opening.

After I pop it open the first thing was the scent, a minty scent that followed with something woody. It is indeed have peppermint, cedarwood and rosemary. It's far from something sweet, fruity or floral. This stuff will be unisex. Of course after reading the ingredients I expect something cooling and many beliefs that the scalp need some mint to help clears up the pores and help the new growth hair to emerged.

The shampoo is a white thick kinda creamy gel form and lathering is pleasing and easy. I made sure my scalp get all the goodness and massage them well. Gentle and with some acupressure. Then since my hair is colored I use another shampoo for colored hair for the strands, like half the way down. I left them alone like 2-3 minutes and the peppermint slowly but sure start working up there, providing a cool feeling but unlike menthol that can be too much, the peppermint is mild. Then when I'm rinsing, the refreshing feeling is more obvious.

Clearly I can't say it made my hair thicker in a wash, so I will use it again and again since the feeling is just wonderful and I realize some may not be a big fan of the scent but many will drool over the minty sensation. It's like when you have a flu and the whole time your nose been blocked, suddenly inhale some menthol and voila, you can breath again! It's like that ^__^ that's how your scalp will be.

Okay and I do have an oily scalp (partially) like on the top part, now it's like hours after shampooing, my scalp still feels fresh and beneficial for me as well. Somehow it made my hair seems bouncier. But I do recommend a good conditioner and mask perhaps if your hair is processed or really dry.

Would I recommend the product? Definitely!

Especially if you read this info regarding the key ingredients:

Steam distilled from various types of cedarwood, this balsamic oil is known for its gentle astringent properties on oily skin and hair. Soothes and calms skin and is especially beneficial for sensitive skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment