Friday, October 12, 2012

Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, Acne Facial Cleanser andHerbalHydrating Serum


As promised on my previous post: HERE, I will give a review on the products, there are 3 of them. All from Mario Badescu.

The Herbal Hydrating Serum, Enzyme Cleansing Gel and Acne Facial Gel.





On the plate, I was playing with the texture, colors and smell.  But first, let read some information.

All details from mariobadescu.com:

Acne Facial Cleanser

Prevent and heal existing acne with our exfoliating and deep cleansing wash formulated with acne-fighting Salicylic Acid. Contains Aloe Vera and Chamomile, two natural ingredients that calm and soothe acne inflamed skin. For best results follow with our Special Cucumber Lotion or recommended astringent.

How to Use: Twice daily, gently massage on face in circular motions, avoiding eye area. Rinse with tepid water and pat dry. Follow with toner or astringent.

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Glycerin,Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Aloe Vera Gel, Hyaluronic Acid, Thyme Extract, Chamomile Extract,Isopropyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid,Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol


There's no foam at all, and for me it's confusing since I'm used to cleanser that foamed. But I believe this old school method works as well. The cleanser is like a cloudy almost clear gel, that feels soft and slippery. It glides on the skin and I kept massaging until I think the whole area get some. Rinse with warm water, and hmm usually a facial cleanser for acne gives the skin a dry feeling, almost squeaky dry to even very squeaky dry, Mario Badescu's Acne Facial Cleanser is NOT like that at all. In fact my sensitive cheeks are still so happy and moist as ever. It was the contradictory to 'normal' acne cleansing method, the cleanser actually calms the skin.

For me this is unique and a pleasing experience. I can use it for my pore congestion, yes, I have some pore congestion right below my nose and even on some images (no makeup) can clearly be seen. It's like my nose is a dirt, sebum and sweat trap.

For the scent, no noticeable obvious strong scent.  A bit thyme perhaps but it's all so mild, unlike the Enzyme Cleansing Gel.



Herbal Hydrating Serum

One of our most unique, versatile products for all skin types that doubles as a layering product to use over day or night moisturizers for extra hydration. Can also be used alone as a lightweight hydrator for oily skin. Formulated with Ginkgo Extract, Ceramides and Ginseng Extracts that provide nourishing benefits for the skin.

How to Use: Twice daily, layer 2-3 drops over a moisturizer or night cream or use alone in place of a moisturizer. Safe for eye area.

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Glycerin,Methylparaben,Triethanolamine,Propylene Glycol,Herbal Extracts: Ginseng Extract,Gingko Extract,and Ceramides



The Herbal Hydrating Serum is a total pleaser for any skin type as ANY skin need hydration and it gives the skin an instant result of hydration. Remember a moisturizer is still needed before the serum.

The Herbal Hydrating Serum is blue as in bright blue, on bare skin I can see the cracked, whitens skin become moist. Less fine lines too thanks to the hydrating ability. No scent at all. I think if anyone wants to try Mario Badescu skin care line for the first time, this would be the perfect product. Universal, oil free, soft nourishing and again, universal. I adore for being so lightweight, quick to absorb, no leftover, just pure soft, smooth and supple hydrated skin afterwards. The blue color also a bonus haha! I'm so into blue skincare.

I use it near the eyes, near the lips too and when I tested the products on my left hands, it become fairer and so much healthier than the right, superb!




Our Best Selling Daily Cleanser. This non-foaming, gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day’s make-up, dirt and oil without drying the skin. Papaya and Grapefruit Extracts are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help prevent dulling build-up that can cause blackheads and pimples.

How to Use: Twice daily, massage in a circular motion on wet skin avoiding eye area. Rinse with tepid water. Pat dry and follow with toner or astringent.
Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Glycerin,Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract,Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract,Monomide,Triethanolamine,Methylparaben

Another non foaming cleanser but this one can be used for all skin type. Smells sooooo good, yummy and easily loved. And the tiny shining, glowing pearls of greens is so amazing. I'm looking at them and in awe, what are these?

The area cleaned by the enzyme cleansing gel dramatically looks clearer than the one's not. It has made a big difference, I'm curious what will it do if I was getting a full sized product.

It seems like blackheads are my skin's no.1 fan, they can't get enough and kept coming back. This cleansing gel by Mario Badescu could be the answer of my problem. I'll give it a week, or at least until I've finished using all of them presented here and stay tune ya ^__^


Update:

Both of the cleanser does not clean waterproof or long lasting makeup, so please use a makeup remover first. According to my husband who has acne prone skin the Acne Cleansing Gel gives him a drier finish after the wash.



No comments:

Post a Comment