Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Behind The Scene of Japan Beauty Tour

Hello lovelies,

as some of you probably know, I went to Japan on 19th - 22nd of August 2014. The Beauty Tour is held by  H.I.S Travel Indonesia collaborating with www.kawaiibeautyjapan.com.

The first thing that come to my thought is finally, a beauty tour. Many women nowadays travel around the world for their beauty needs, this kind of tour is much needed and would help fill the needs that no other tour has.

Before finding out what kind of tour and everything in it, let me share with you behind the scenes, okay?!

At 19th of August,2014.

The flight took off at 23.30, it is almost midnight, we are taking a red eye. We? Yes, me and a representative from Kawaii Beauty Japan (KBJ), Istiarina Putri (Tia). We couldn't get much sleep on the plane, even thou there are many empty seats, so we can pretty much move around and use 3 seats for each of us.

In Garuda Indonesia the seats arrangement for economy class is 3-3-3, the internet check in is a breeze and I must say, they do provide the most friendly atmosphere for the passenger. One thing thou' even when the plane almost empty we didn't get a choice in terms of meal, there's suppose to be option for breakfast, Japanese and Western, we can only get a Japanese style which consist of porridge....and it's a bland one. Oh and they only provide one meal for the whole 8 hours flight. But if you're really hungry they do encourage you to go to the pantry and ask for something to munch.

-*-



That's me when we're almost arrived in Narita. I didn't get much sleep and didn't enjoy the entertainment as well.

Flying with Garuda Indonesia to Tokyo comes in two option, arriving in Haneda (which is closer to Tokyo and newer airport) or in Narita, like we do. I personally haven't been in Haneda, all my trips to Tokyo via Narita International Airport.

Right after arriving we're picked up by the representative from Rich Media (the company that owns KBJ). Since our hotel is conveniently connected with an Airport Limousine , we can just buy a bus ticket and arrived in front of the hotel.

-*-





I'm holding some ocha, a very common drink in Japan, I met my friend at the airport, she lives in Japan and she gave me those drinks, she is very thoughtful. She also gave me some fruits like peaches, they are not available in Indonesia but available in Japan since it's in season.

Fun fact! Do you know that most drinks in Japan is unsweetened. So don't be surprise when you bought yourself ocha and it is plain. It is healthier thou, and there's so many drinks with collagen. Women will love these.

After arriving at Shinjuku Washington Hotel, a hotel that pampered us with amenities fit for ladies, we took a quick shower and get ready for a meeting with Rich Media and HIS. About Shinjuku Washington Hotel, I'll share more in a different posts or you may take a look at my facebook: Carnellin Yulianti, where I share many pics of stuffs inside the room provided by the hotel.

-*-

Nice isn't it?! It's the view from our meeting room at Rich Media office. Everything looks clean, new and spotless. None of them looking messy, run down, or ... old. Everything looks new in here. Japanese really like to maintain everything at their best.

-*-



At the meeting we talked about the scripts, scenes, preparations and many more, I guess I'm not just a beauty blogger presenting the Beauty Tour, but I have to be involved in the planning as well. So many details need to be talked about and suddenly it's 6PM when it's finally done.

After finish, Shinohara san (PIC from Rich Media, the one who picked us up from the airport) took us for a walk around Shinjuku, Harajuku and Shibuya.

-*-



It is really nice and comfortable to walk around Tokyo, the city is safe and when walking we can feel the ambiance, interaction with the locals and see everything from shrine to famous shops. Below is a street at Harajuku, shoppers would definitely know this location and love everything about it. I really enjoy buying shoes, sandals, clothing and some snacks here. This is a very happening location for those who love everything trendy. Btw, there's a very cute dog clothing shop here.

-*-



Next stop is Hachiko, in front of Shibuya Station. A very famous site and it's also a place for meet up. Too bad during evening it is so close to smoking area. Oh yes, in Japan, even thou' it's in an open area, smoking is only allowed on designated areas.

-*-



Last stop before Shinohara san left us, is Disney Store. We managed to get there at 8.30 PM. 30 minutes before the store closed. The current hype...Tsum Tsum plushies ^__^ they come in several sizes, I bought two, Mickey and Minnie, I actually want to collect them all, but 500 Yen plus tax is definitely not cheap...but come to think of it, they are worth collecting, I should've buy more.

In Disney Store you can also buy tickets to Disneyland Resort and Disney Sea.

-*-




Not long after that, we find our way back home. Don't worry, in Tokyo, it is quite safe, but you really should know your way back using the train since taxi is quite steep. The cost of using taxi can be 10 times than using the train. Just download Tokyo Subway app, right down your current location and destination, ta da! It explains which station to go, transits (if needed) and final station. It also provide the surrounding landmark nearby.

Now, talking about app, you really need to download an app called Japan Free Wifi, it'll help you connect to the nearest free wifi, this app is really handy to keep yourself connected.

-*-


Back to the hotel, it was tiring alright since we have to walk around 10 minutes from the nearest station to our hotel. The guide said 5 minutes, but in heels and carrying shopping bags, 10 minutes already feels like marathon.

I enjoy the delicious peach, it was very sweet, juicy and I'm really glad my friend get me some of these. The vitamins are much needed for tomorrow's shooting.

-*-

After a simple breakfast at the next day, it's time to do the video shooting.
Both me and Tia are having our makeup done by the local make up artist. Looking at her portfolio and past creations, it is obvious, the Japanese like to keep everything simple and minimum. Since it is suitable for the day's theme, we opt for anything they put up to us.

-*-


Immediately after the makeup, we are moved to ACQUA tua. According to my friend who lives in Japan, this is a very famous hair salon. I'm excited, I'm gonna looked like a Japanese soon, and I did. After the makeup and hair done, I look like the models I see in a Japanese magazine. Complete with the style.

-*-


Above is me and Manami san, she is the one who cut my hair. She is very friendly and nice. When she cut my hair, she used different scissors, and all of them are very sharp. Usually in some salon I've been in Jakarta, my hair got pulled when cut, with her, none of my hair got pulled, it cut down nicely.

In Japan, it is common to cut the hair twice, once when it is wet and once more after it is dry, so the result is very precise. I really love my new bangs. She also trim the hair and reduce the volume of my curly hair.

-*-

Then we went to Laforet, yes, a very famous shopping place in Omotesandou Harajuku. The place is like a shopping plaza with all the cute attire, as in kawaii. So many brands and trends being set here, one of the brand that is famous for trendy girls is Olive des Olive.

The staff help pick an attire for me, she really know her brand and clothing very well, she take a look at me and decide which one is suitable for me. Her sense of fashion is admirable too, she mixed and match to found one that looks good and comfortable at the same time.

-*-

The video shooting continue with Yukata, a traditional Japanese clothing with many colors, prints and motifs. The hair also styled differently when using one. In here my hair got pulled hard, it is like the opposite of ACQUA where everything is so comfortable and pleasant. Maybe she's in a hurry. The good thing is that the staffs who helps me with Yukata doesn't seem to be in a hurry ^___^ gently they put the Yukata that I've picked on me. I'm using the pink sakura.

-*-

The process of using a Yukata can took around 30 minutes, carefully folding them in the right places and finally it fitted me nicely. It is so beautiful.

Yukata itself actually quite simple, compared to a kimono.

-*-

Oh yes, my hair also looks pretty, the process might not be pleasant but look at the result, a pretty flowers on my head with a cute bun.

After the Yukata is put on (oh btw, there's an inner white clothing they provide before putting on Yukata) the waist is held by another fabric. This is also comes in many colors, motifs and design. How they are folding it also determines who it will appear in the end. There are many ways of folding it. Later you can see, on me and Tia, the material folded on our waist is folded differently.

-*-


It may look like there's so many layers and material, but they are all comfortable and light. The Yukata and the inner wear is 100% cotton, making sure comfort and style is very well presented.

You may try renting one at Kiyora kimono rental.

-*-


Last stop, sushi place at Heiroku.

A famous eatery where tourists can enjoy sushi without worries. 1. Their adapt the delicacies to foreigners tongue (where the wasabi is put less or none). 2. The menu is in English and clear images. 3. They always have a staff who can speak English very well and help us order the recommendation.

I personally like the beef tongue recommended by the chef.

-*-


Below is me, Tia and the chef who can speaks English.

Arigatou! Your sushi are delicious and very much addictive!

-*-

That's it! We are at the finishing stage of shooting the video for Japan Beauty Tour.

-*-


After wrapping up, both me and Tia has to go with the crew to their office near Harajuku. In the office we chance our clothes...bye bye Yukata... and then Tia has to fill in the naration. Around 7.30PM we finally have our free time. We walked around Harajuku once more to shop.

We have a meal at Gindaco for their famous tako ball or takoyaki and Tia is having a taiyaki. Not long after that we went to Shibuya and Shinjuku to shop once more.

Then we are both beat, haha! Like literally exhausted. Lack of sleeps and constant walking has depleted our energy. It's time for us to go back to the hotel and rest since the next day our flight depart at 12 noon and we have to leave the hotel at 8 AM so we can be at the airport before 10 AM. 


There are many funny, happy, sad, exciting and even exhausting moments throughout this journey, but I'm glad I did it, I'm glad KBJ picked me and send me to Japan for this Beauty Tour. In here I learn a lot about Japanese culture, habits, and values even more. I'm really touched by the kindness and preservation, their attention to details and how they keep their heritage and culture at one side while still embracing the modern trend alive. I get to experience things that I never knew before or at least try as a first hand. I worn Yukata, a real Yukata for the first time, with my hair and all, I get to experience and feel the clothe, the hands who help me used it, how they fold it and why, the hair style when using Yukata, the pins, the flowers, the cute dress from Olive des Olive, the young staff who help me find my perfect kawaii modern dress, the staffs at ACQUA that is so dedicated and talented, the friendly chefs at Heiroku, the delightful meals there, even the nasty natto, to the pretty set of sushi platers, the shopping places, the stores, all the people we met, the smile,...... it is all the beauty of Japan.
そのすべてに、どうもありがとうございました

2 comments:

  1. What a nice experience ci ^^
    Tp nanggung bgt yaa cuma 3 hari.. kurang puas >< but still give thanks for this rare opporunity ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 hari juga cape to the max Shel, haha, laen kali pergi jalan2 aja judulnya hehehe.

    ReplyDelete