Thursday, November 12, 2015

Gizi Super Cream


Hi everyone!!

this is my first time reviewing Gizi Super Cream at my blog. As perhaps many (Indonesian) know, Gizi Super Cream itself has been around for decades, 40 years to be exact. I've known this product since I was little, from the ads to those who uses it.

-*-

Gizi means nutrition, so it made as a addition to the skin. I even remember that they have this 'skin food' ads that has been going on quite a while. That ads reminds people that our skin also need to 'eat' by 'consuming' a good cream applied directly.

While digesting beneficial food for the nourishment from within, creams are made to help nourishment from outside.

-*-


Gizi Super Cream comes in a three variant in this post. Daily Natural Lightening Foam (mild), Super Cream daily nutrition cream, and Super cream daily nutrition cream with SPF 18 (comes with yellow lines and cap). All are in tubes.

-*-


The products claim to be halal (safe for moslem), hi-tech, and use 7 natural herbs.

-*-


You can read the ingredients and details written on the packaging, tube and their official website: www.giziindonesia.co.id

-*-

On the box is written, it doesn't contain paraben, hydroquinon, mineral oil, colorant, nor silicone.

In Indonesia, hydroquinon are found in many whitening products and highly dangerous to be used on the skin. Many Indonesian love their skin fair and bright, perhaps it is time to get rid of any products with hydroquinon in the market.

Paraben and mineral oil as well, even thou' they are still some pros and cons, paraben itself has been proven linked to cancer.

-*-


One of the tube needs improvement in terms of quality control in the packaging.

-*-


I think, back in the old days ehm younger me, had tried their product, when they are still in a pot.

-*-


How about the foam? The cleanser that comes in foaming facial wash? It lathers up in this frothy bubbles and it made my skin dry. I already have a dry and sensitive skin, and seems like that the product is not suitable for me. And they doesn't clean well too, the lathers pretty much takes only the outer barrier of the skin and making the skin dry but does not clean properly.

-*-


The creams?

Both of them need some time to be absorbed by the skin, on me after 10-15 minutes then they'll start getting better and not sticky anymore, I can still smell the fragrance even after 30 minutes or so. I'm not a fan of the scent. Super Cream with SPF 18 has that white cast, a signature sign of a conventional product with sun protection, but the SPF 18 doesn't clearly says the level of PA and rating.

-*-


Last but not least, above is the texture of the products, the far left upper side (the whitest of them all) is the Super Cream with SPF 18, the middle ones, the creamy milky texture is the Super Cream (in green details, line and cap), and the right one, with pearly and creamy gel texture is the foam.

Since I think I'm allergic to them, I can't really review the products well enough  or even in a few days count.

Sorry, perhaps they'll suits other skin type.

No comments:

Post a Comment